Thursday, July 22, 2010

Some of my Ramblings

Well, yesterday was actually a good day for me--at least compared to how I've been feeling the past few weeks. I woke up a little dizzy, but nothing compared to how I was. I was able to actually get ready for the day, and *gasp* wear real clothes, instead of pajamas! Woo hoo! I know, it sounds like a minuscule accomplishment, but for me, it was significant. I was able to walk Anna for a bit outside, so it was nice to actually be outdoors. It was kind of overcast and rainy, so I didn't risk sun exposure. I'm off the doxycycline for now anyway (doctor wanted me to take a break from it for awhile, until my symptoms improve, and then I'm on it again), so a little sun exposure won't hurt me, I don't think.
Today, the symptoms are back in full force--ugh. At least I experienced a small break from it yesterday. I'm just really dizzy and super tired--more so than usual. I was up a bit last night, just shaking. When that happens, I try to do something that distracts me. Last night, it was playing Cake Mania 3 on the DS. I love that game, but I've already finished it, so I just play the mini games. When that fails, I watch tv in my room. If that doesn't work, I try reading or doing a crossword puzzle. If THAT fails, well, Benadryl is my last resort. I don't really like taking that, as it knocks me out for a long time, but it does help the shaking. I wish I had more games for the DS, but they're a little more expensive than Wii games. I would love to play the New York Times Crosswords for the DS game. I haven't seen it anywhere in stores, but I do see it online on Gamestop.com, so I'll have to add that to my Christmas list (kind of far away, but that's ok). I haven't really played the Wii in awhile. Usually, Garrett and I have our Wii night, where each of us compete against each other in different games, but with his pinched nerve, he hasn't really felt up to playing, and it's no fun playing without him, so we've both been taking a break from it. We did get the Mario Galaxy 3 game, which is really fun. I'm not good at it, but I enjoy playing! I didn't have a Nintendo system growing up, so all of the Mario stuff is new to me. I remember wanting one when I was little, but it wasn't "educational"--at least that is what my parents said. Yup, I am the daughter of two teachers! LOL Instead, I played a lot of computer games: Oregon Trail, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?, Number Munchers, Word Munchers, etc. I liked them though, especially the Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? game.
I watched General Hospital again today--one of my favorite shows! I just wish they wouldn't destroy certain relationships they've built up for awhile. That is my only criticism. I loved Jason and Liz together, for example, and now he is back with the boring and annoying Sam. I just never liked them together. I loved Emily and Nikolas together, but she had to get killed by this crazy serial killer a long time ago, so that relationship was destroyed. Also too, Maxie and Spinelli. Now, they're not together anymore. I wish the writers/director would pay attention to what the fans wanted, because I doubt they'd want some of their favorite couples to be split apart so often. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. I do enjoy the show though. I remember watching it as a little kid, even though I wasn't supposed to, and grew up watching Robin (she was my same age at the time, or around it), and was happy to see she was back again. I just wish her husband wouldn't have cheated on her with Lisa, one of the doctors on staff. What are you doing, writers and directors? Geez.
Ok, well, I think I am going to rest for awhile. This blog really isn't about anything--just kind of my ramblings, but I suppose that is ok. It doesn't always have to have a larger theme. It just helps writing down my thoughts, I think. I hope all of you are enjoying the day, and staying cool! :-)

--Julie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment