Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Thoughts

I haven't updated this blog in a little while, so I decided that it was time to get with it here, and write something! :-)
My mom posted something on her facebook about macrobiotics and the Ultimate Zapper, associated with Dr. Hulda Clark. I guess this is kind of like the Rife Machine for Lyme Disease. What it does is send tiny electric pulses (non-painful) into the system, and the frequency is supposed to zap the spirochetes. I've never tried anything like that before. Most of my treatment has centered around oral antibiotics and IV therapy, so this seems kind of interesting. It isn't as expensive as I thought it would be. The Rife Machines are kind of cost prohibitive, and I've never been able to afford one, but the Ultimate Zapper is around $200-$300, so that is at least financially feasible. I've spent around that for the Igenex testing, so I could do this. Of course, we need to pay off the credit card first, but maybe after that. It sounds promising anyway. I've tried the macrobiotic diet in the past, and had had some success with it. It was a little bland and you need to spend a lot of the time cooking, but once you get used to it, it's good. I felt a little better while doing it, but I just wish it wasn't so expensive! I've heard Gwyneth Paltrow was a devotee (maybe still is now?) of the diet, and it seems to have helped her, so maybe it's worth a try again. I ate a lot of sea vegetables though--kelp, dulse seaweed, and a lot of brown rice! There is a book I have around here which talks about it--something Hippy Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics, I think, or something of that sort. It was cute. The author kind of explained it in a non-threatening way, and the recipes were yummy. I may revisit the idea soon, if I can find the book somewhere in my ultra-cluttered room!
It has been kind of a sloooowww week so far. I've been sleeping whole days away..just no energy whatsoever, and Garrett is down for the count as well, as he has a pinched nerve, so we're both kind of lounging around here. He is at physical therapy now, so hopefully that helps him to some degree. I just feel so bad when he is in such pain. The doctor thinks that it will go away within a couple of weeks, so hopefully that is the case. He's been taking vicodin and skelaxin, and he still feels the pain in his arm, but without those meds, it would be a lot worse. I just hope he isn't pushed too much today at his therapy session. The activity needs to be slowly ramped up, not too much too soon. He definitely needs a massage. I think that would help him a lot. I remember taking vicodin once when I had mono in the past, and I was allergic to it, but I know it does help a lot of people.
Due to not posting for awhile, there have been quite a few things that have happened in the past several days. Unfortunately, one of our family cats, Whiskers, has passed away. My mom let me know that she just wasn't eating anymore, and her kidneys were shutting down. It's just so sad. She was only 12, and I can remember the day when my mom and I went to get her. She was such a skittish little thing, and was meowing the whole way home, but I carried her on my lap and was talking to her, trying to calm her down. Eventually, she started to grow attached to me, and would be there for me when I was going through tough times with various Lyme treatments. She was so sweet and grew to love people--well, just the people she knew, like myself, my parents and sister. She loved Aidan too, my nephew. I think she kind of viewed him as her kitten, because she was protective over him. I just pray that she is resting in peace, and is up there playing with the other animals in our family who have passed on--Travis, Simmy, Mittens and Midnight. Of course, I don't think Travis would like to see her, but maybe in animal heaven all animals get along? Travis was our pembroke welsh corgi. Whiskers used to claw and hiss at him whenever she saw him--just didn't like dogs. Anyway, I just thought I'd mention Whiskers in all of this. Now, it is just Tigger, my sister's cat.
Hope all of you are enjoying the tail-end of the week. :-)

--Julie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment