Friday, July 9, 2010

Update on Medication

Well, it happened again this morning--the "spins" along with getting sick. I called my doctor today and asked about it. I didn't want to keep taking the doxycycline if all that happens is me passing it back up. I was told to take the medication later on in the day with food, which is actually contraindicated on the bottle. Supposedly that rule is only for non-Lyme patients, who aren't taking the medication long term. Also, I can take it later on in the day, which eliminates the morning issues. He/She said to try this, and if I am still getting sick, he/she wants to switch the doxycycline to Bactrim (another tough drug). Soo..we will see what happens with that. The doctor was at a Lyme conference out of town, and I have to say, he/she (can't even refer to the gender of the doctor) really stays up on the latest research. He/she has even met with two of my previous Lyme doctors, so he/she knows his/her stuff! I know that I have a great doctor on my case, which helps a great deal, and he/she got back to me right away, which impressed me a lot.
I haven't really had much of an appetite today, but I did manage to eat some leftovers from last night. Garrett made a delicious thai peanut noodle dish--one of my favorites! I think I will always like eating that, of course. I'm trying to drink more water, but it's kind of a pain when I'm racing to the bathroom every five minutes. At least it is somewhat cooler out today, so that is some what of a relief. I can't really go outside in the sun anyway, as the doxycycline and the sun are not a good mix. Doxycycline+sun=horrible skin burns, and with my pale as vampire skin, I don't think that would tickle. I've been sleeping a lot anyway.
I'd love to have a cat who could cuddle with me. We have a dog, a cocker spaniel named Anna, but she is so smelly and I don't think that is conducive to snuggling. Plus, she kind of hates me. She always glares at me with her droopy clown-wearing-mascara eyes, and is jealous when Garrett hugs me, so I think she'd bite me if I went near her. She scratches all the time too. I miss Tigger, the cat my sister had when I was living with my parents. She was a cutie. Maybe in time I could get a cat--think it would really help.
Ok, going to cut this short. I am trying to write a poem (haven't written one in quite some time, so it's been like pulling teeth trying to get the right words out), so we'll see how it turns out. If it sounds decent, I'll post it here some time. I hope all of you enjoy your weekends! Take care for now. :-)

--Julie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment